We take privacy seriously. This statement explains our policies and practices.
We respect your privacy and we promise:
- To implement computer, physical and procedural safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of the data we collect
- To limit the personal data collected to the minimum required to provide a better service
- To permit only properly trained, authorized employees to access data
- Not to disclose your data to external parties unless you have agreed, or we are required by law or we have previously informed you.
1. Information Collection
In order to provide a better service to you, we may collect information when you use our services, attend our functions, or communicate with us. In the process, we may also be required to collect personal information about individual contact persons of the companies or their employees.
We will only retain personal data for so long as it is necessary. However, a copy may be archived indefinitely.
2. Use of Information
The purposes for which information may be used by us is limited to what is required for us to accomplish the terms and conditions of a purchase which is undertaken.
We may conduct direct marketing via fax, email, direct mail, telephone and other means of communication, or send e-newsletters to you. You may choose not to receive promotional materials, by simply telling us, and we will cease to do so, without charge.
We will keep the personal data we hold confidential but may provide information to:
- personnel, agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, finiancial institutions, and service providers in connection with our operations and services
- Persons under a duty of confidentiality to us
- Persons whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws in or outside Canada
We cannot control how third parties use information.
Personal data stored electronically are password-protected. Encryption technology is used in our secured web areas. Our computer systems are placed in restricted areas. We only permit authorized Associates to access personal data. These Associates are trained on our privacy polocies.
We may update this statement. When we do, the changes will be posted on heatherostertagandassociates.ca